So, let’s see if we have this right? You’re one of these people who like nothing more than the heady effect of sucking in a lung-full of ciggie smoke?
You’re fully aware that smoking does all sorts of damage to you, yet you still love to light up whenever and wherever takes your fancy.
If you get pleasure from popping outside for a smoke while everyone is inside having fun – go your hardest.
You’re obviously smart, though. You’re responsible with your smoking around family, and you understand that you’re not immune to the effects of smoking. You also recognise that the smokes are costing you a small fortune.
But, for the moment, the pleasure seems to outweigh the costs/risks, doesn’t it?
In fact, if they banned smoking tomorrow, we’d lay odds that you’d find some surreptitious way to get hold of more than a carton or two.
That’d keep you going for a while, until you or someone you loved was severely affected by your smoking. There would be no pleasure in that, would there?
Here’s something to think about
- The facts speak for themselves
- Smokers in your category are XX% more likely to contract a life threatening disease than non-smokers
- If you do contract one of these XX different diseases and 13 different cancers your chances of survival are pretty much negligible – game over
- Thing is – you’ll probably never know until it’s too late
- And forget slipping off to a better place quietly in your sleep – most smoking related deaths are protracted and painful – painful for the smoker, their partner and their family
- While you, personally, might have come to terms with the repercussions of smoking, do you really want to inflict these on your loved ones?